Wednesday 8 January 2014

A quick one about a surprising event.....

This is a very hastily put together post because I'm knackered and been in a dark mood lately which means I find writing  not so easy at the moment.....But I've been wanting to share this with you ever since it happened...You excuse the non existent prose- it will be back soon!

Now, I'd already sworn myself into going out on New Yrs.
I had made a decision; 'Katie- you have NEVER 'had' a proper new yrs. You've NEVER gone out, and why? Ana that's why. THIS year, though, I dont care how sick you feel, how 'not up to it' you are- even if your bmi was in the minus- YOU ARE GOING OUT and getting into exactly the same horifically trollied state as everyone else your age.'

Then another friend asked me 'fancy going to london for new yrs?' about 3 days before the 31st. My response was to dimiss it as another one of her feather-brain plots, I instantly shot it down with my black and white logical reasons about just why it was a completely unrealistic expectation, quoting price/extortion, travel, planning time blah blah blah....

BUT

To cut a long boring story short.....

EMILY AND KATIE WENT TO LONDON FOR NEW YRS!!!!!!!!!!

I am still rather bloody proud and smug with this HUGE achievement for me. 

She drove down, we managed to get a premier inn for £39 each in Heathrow for the night...

Bought copious amounts of alcohol from Sainsburys on the way (looking slightly suspect as we checked in with sagging, clonking bags'. 

Drank a goodly amount in the evening in the room, then got the hotel shuttle bus to Terminal 5 where we rode the underground (free on new yrs after 11.45pm!) taking directions for the best hotspots for the night from other commuters.

In the end we adopted the tac of 'follow the pissed happy people'. It worked!

We wandered about for a while, soaking up the atmosphere but then went and found a pub to stay warm in until the fireworks.....it was the BUSIEST pub i have ever been in- like- busier than any nightclub.

Somehow I managed to get to the bar enough times to leave that pub in a happily disgraceful state.

Bit of a blur from then. Flashes of chatting to police officers...briefly losing my companion....singing...falling over...more alcohol from somewhere or other......

then

FIREWORKSSSSSSSSS 2014!!!!!!!!!!!

from then on it is seriously BLANK. 

I woke up feeling as though the end had finally come.....

Never, ever been so so ill. I thought I was dying. 

I can no longer say 'I have never made myself sick'. It's a sorry state of affairs when you are knelt before a grotty disabled loo as your friend checks you out and you attempt to drag as much alcohol out of your system the same way it came in......sorry for the details.

Still, ACHIEVEMENT! Can't believe I did it really. It broke all my 'rules'.

Here are some pictures...





 

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome Katie... you are young and you should enjoy yourself with things like this. Sorry you got so sick but YAY you did it, you went out on New Years Eve... That is beyond wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's a massive achievement. I'm turning 21 in a few months, and I've only ever been out drinking once (which was an awful experience), let alone for NYE. I'm sorry you ended up feeling so sick the next morning, but hey, that's just proof you had an epic night.

    Take care. I hope 2014 is a wonderful year for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyy go you! You're so strong and such a fighter, such an inspiration!! I kind of know that 'omg-i-can't-believe-i-did-that-went-to-london-massive-achievement-omg' feeling you get inside, because I went to watch a show last January. Bottle that feeling and keep it for when you need it, it'll make you feel warm and smug and fuzzy inside for a while!

    Happy New Year lovely! Hope 2014 is a happy, healthy and hopeful one for you! xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete